INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
The journal publishes research results in the fields of architecture and urban planning.
Before submitting the manuscript, we recommend that you verify its correspondence with the content and focus of the journal here.
We publish papers in three sections:
Scientific study – comprehensive scientific articles
Forum – current research reports
Review – book, exhibition or other scientific events reviews
The manuscripts must be original, unpublished work. All papers are subject to anonymous review. Revisions might be required before a decision is made to accept or reject the paper.
Please follow these recommendations when preparing the manuscript:
The length of the manuscript is counted by character (including spaces), including tables; references; figure captions; endnotes.
1. The Scientific Study should not exceed 36,000 characters (including spaces).
2. Forum articles should not exceed 20,000 characters (including spaces).
3. Reviews and Short Information articles should not exceed 10,800 characters (including spaces).
Language, manuscript formatting:
1. Manuscripts may be submitted in Slovak, Czech or English.
2. Manuscripts may be prepared in digital text files: .doc, .rtf, or .odt.
3. Notes should appear as endnotes.
4. References will be edited to bring them into line with the Slovak scholarly system (see the examples at the bottom of the page or here.)
1. Resumes for Scientific Study articles should not exceed 9,000 characters (including spaces).
2. Resumes for Forum articles should not exceed 3600 characters (including spaces).
3. Annotations to Scientific Study or Forum articles should not exceed 700 characters (including spaces).
4. Selection of 5 – 7 key words.
Images and diagrams:
1. Please do not embed images or diagrams in the text.
2. The position of each image or diagram should be indicated in the text, and all figures should have clear references in the text. A separate list of captions should be provided at the end of the text.
3. Responsibility for the copyright of the images and diagrams is held by the authors.
4. Bitmap graphics should be provided in separate jpeg, tiff files, The resolution of images should be a minimum of 300 dpi by figure length of 150 mm.
5. Vector graphics should be provided in .ai or .pdf files.
6. Graphs or tables without a specific graphic layout should be provided in separate .xml files.
Submission of the manuscript:
2. For sending images and diagrams where the total size exceeds 5 MB, please use a cloud service – wetransfer
LAST NAME, First name. Year published. Title. Edition. (Only include the edition if it is not the first edition) City published: Publisher, Page(s).
· ALMANDOZ, Arturo, 2002. Planning Latin America’s Capital Cities, 1850 – 1950. London: Routledge, 350 p.
· KOTLER, Philip and ARMSTRONG, Gary, 2001. Principles of Marketing. 9th ed. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall. 785 p.
Chapter within a book
LAST NAME, First name, Year published. Chapter title. In: Last name, First initial. (ed.), Book Title. City: Publisher, Page(s).
· BASTIÉ, Jean, 1975. Paris: Baroque elegance and agglomeration. In: Eldredge, H.W. (ed.) World Capitals: Towards Guided Urbanization. Garden City, NY, Anchor/Doubleday, pp. 17 – 27.
Print Journal Articles
LAST NAME, First name, Year published. Article title. Journal, Volume (Issue), Page(s).
· ŠÍCHA, Jan et al., 2011. Ion flux characteristics in pulsed dual magnetron discharges used for deposition of photoactive TiO2 films. Plasma Processes and Polymers. 8(3), pp. 191-199.
Citations for Conference Proceedings
LAST NAME, First name. Conference Year. Title of Paper or Proceedings. In: Name or Title of Conference. City: Publisher of the Proceedings, pages.
· FOX, Ronald. 2014. Technological Advances in Banking. In: American Finance Association Northeast Regional Conference. Hartford: AFA, p. 24.
Journal Articles Found on a Database or on a Website
LAST NAME, First name, Year published. Article Title. Journal title, subtitle, [online] Volume(Issue), pages. [Accessed Day Mo. Year]. Available at: URL
· BITUŠÍKOVÁ, Alexandra and LUTHER, Daniel, 2010. Sustainable diversity and public space in the city of Bratislava, Slovakia. Anthropological Notebooks, Ljubljana (Slovenia): Slovene Anthropological Society, [online]. 16(2) [cit. 13.6.2011]. Available at:http://www.drustvo-antropologov.si/AN/PDF/2010_2/Anthropological_Notebooks_XVI_2_Bitusikova.pdf
Website name,. Page title. [online] Year published, [Accessed Day Mo. Year], Available at: URL.
· Mms.com. M&M'S Official Website. [online] 2015 [Accessed 20 Apr. 2015], Available at: http://www.mms.com/
Citations for Archive Material
Institution name, sign/collection name, inventory number or signature, number of carton/book/file, date and city, or short description of document and tyme harmonogram, page number if the document have more pages.
· Archiv města Plzně, Česká reálka v Plzni, i. č. 9255, sign. 12d101, general catalogue of class I.A 1899/1900, p. 25.
The shorten form of citation, if it is used more than once in the article
Last name, First initial. Year published. Page(s).
· Almandoz, A., 2002. 350 p.